How Long Do People
Stay on TRT?
How Long Do People Stay on TRT?
Table of Contents
What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is a hormone that plays a crucial role in the development and maintenance of male sexual characteristics, as well as the maintenance of overall health.
However, testosterone levels can decline as a person ages, leading to various symptoms, including decreased libido, fatigue, and muscle weakness.
What is Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)?
Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is a medical treatment that involves the administration of testosterone to individuals with low levels of the hormone.
Who Needs TRT?
Decreased Vibrancy Due to Age
Men with low testosterone (T) will often experience decreased libido, fewer erections, loss of hair, erectile dysfunction, low bone mineral density, depression, lack of sleep, inability to concentrate, swollen/tender breasts, increased body fat, fatigue, and more.
Additionally, for those diagnosed with hypogonadism, a medical condition in which your body doesn’t produce enough testosterone, TRT is recommended.
Hypogonadism can be caused by aging, injury to the testicles, or a medical condition.
Symptoms of low testosterone include fatigue, decreased sex drive, erectile dysfunction, decreased muscle mass, and depression.
INCREASED ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
In addition to medical uses, TRT is also used recreationally, particularly among athletes and bodybuilders. These individuals may use TRT to increase muscle mass, improve athletic performance, and enhance physical appearance.
If used recreationally, how long do people stay on TRT? The use of TRT for these purposes is controversial and potentially dangerous.
Is TRT a Safe and Effective Treatment Option?
Benefits of TRT
Potential Side Effects of TRT
- Increasing the likelihood of sleep apnea and worsening existing sleep apnea, a sleep disorder where breathing repeatedly stops and starts
- Skin reactions such as acne or rash
- Enlarging breast tissue in men (gynecomastia)
- Aggravating existing prostate cancer and contributing to noncancerous growth of the prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia)
- Stimulating the body to make too many red blood cells, which increases the risk of blood clots forming and possibly causing a pulmonary embolism
- Shrinking testicles and causing temporary sterility
- Increased risk of heart disease, although more research is needed to fully understand this potential risk
Working With a Licensed Medical Professional for Optimal Results
Routine blood work monitoring can help manage potential risks and ensure the safe and effective use of TRT.
How Long Does It Take for TRT to Start Having an Effect on Hormone Levels?
However, certain changes such as an increase in muscle mass may take anywhere from three to six months to become noticeable.4 Factors that can influence the onset of TRT effects include age, weight, and overall health.
When Will the Impacts of TRT Become Noticable?
- Sexual interest: 3-6 weeks
- Erections/ejaculations: Up to 6 months
- Quality of life: 3-4 weeks
- Depressive mood: 3-30 weeks
- Erythropoiesis: 3 months, peaking at 9-12 months
- Prostate-specific antigen/volume: Plateaus at 12 months
- Lipids: 6-12 months
- Insulin sensitivity: Few days to 3-12 months
- Fat mass/lean body mass/muscle strength: 12-16 weeks, stabilize at 6-12 months, but can marginally continue over years
- Inflammation: 3-12 weeks
- Bone density: 6 months to 3 years
How Long Do People Stay on TRT? What Are The Recommendations?
Guidelines for TRT duration vary, but most experts agree that treatment should be individualized based on the person’s specific needs and medical history.
Should I Discuss TRT With My Doctor?
How long do people stay on TRT? If at any point, an individual feels that TRT is no longer providing the desired benefits or are concerned about the side effects, it is essential to discuss with a medical professional. In some cases, stopping TRT may be the best course of action.
A healthcare provider can help manage the transition and ensure that the testosterone levels return to natural production without complications.
How Often Should Someone Get Their Hormone Levels Checked While Taking TRT?
As your body gets adjusted to it and hormone levels remain stable, monitoring may be less frequent and your doctor may evaluate you every six months to ensure that TRT is still an appropriate treatment option.
Immortal Male and TRT
Our licensed medical professionals will evaluate your condition and determine if TRT is the right choice for you.
We encourage you to ask questions and contact us to learn more about how we can help you. Your health and wellbeing are our top priorities.
TRT is Safe to Use
How long do people stay on TRT? The timeline for TRT effects can vary, and individuals should be patient and work closely with their healthcare provider to determine the most appropriate treatment plan.
Reach Out to Immortal Male for More Information
Regular monitoring of hormone levels is important to ensure the continued effectiveness and safety of TRT.
Ultimately, the goal of TRT is to improve overall health and well-being in individuals with low testosterone levels.
Contact Immortal Male to learn more and get started on TRT today.